To download the form, click here.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
To recognize annually, women who live or work in Union County and have distinguished themselves by making major contributions in one or more of the following categories: Arts and Humanities; Business/Entrepreneurial; Community Service; Education; Government; Law; Law Enforcement; Medicine/Health Care; and/or Women’s Advocacy.
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Nominee must reside in or be employed in Union County, New Jersey
- Nominee must have made accomplishments and demonstrated outstanding achievements in one or more of the above categories
- Nominator must include examples of how the nominee has demonstrated outstanding achievements in the above named categories and reasons why the nominee should be considered for the annual Women of Excellence Award
- Nominator must indicate how the nominee has made a difference or improved the lives of Union County residents or employees based in Union County
- Open to all women, 21 years or older, who either work or live in Union County, New Jersey
- Nominee must have exemplary performance and/or results in their nominated category
- Previous nominees may be re-nominated
- Previous Women of Excellence recipients are ineligible
THE WOMEN OF EXCELLENCE AWARD INCLUDES:
- Engraved Women of Excellence Plaque
- Resolution presented by the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders
- Award recipient is a guest of honor at the annual Women of Excellence Award Dinner.
Nominator’s statement (please attach typewritten page or pages):
- Please state why the nominee should receive the Women of Excellence Award
- Please include description of nominee’s contributions, and corresponding event date(s)
- Please state the benefits others have received as a result of this nominee’s efforts and contributions
- Please include any feedback given by persons who have benefited by the nominee’s outstanding achievement or efforts
LETTERS OF SUPPORT:
Additional letters of support are not required, but highly recommended, and should be submitted if they are necessary to support the nominee’s contributions/achievements as stated.
Nominator/nominee may include up to three letters of support, for example:
- Benefactor of nominee’s achievements or efforts
Any letters of support must be included with the attached Nomination Form.
SPECIAL RECOGNITION: (Maximum of five items)
Please attach copies/articles (no originals please) of any special recognition/honors received (including dates), for example: certificates, diplomas, newspaper articles, resolutions, commendations, etc., that apply to the field in which the nominee is being recognized.
SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION:
Please submit the attached Nomination Form and supporting documentation to the address below, no later than December 1, 2014.
Ms. Jane O’Hara, 708 Newark Avenue,Westfield, NJ 07090
Shortly after the deadline has passed, the nominator will be receiving a letter from the Commission indicating whether or not the nominee has been accepted as a recipient of the Women of Excellence Award.
The 2014 Women of Excellence Award Dinner
is scheduled for 6:30 PM, Friday, March 20, 2015
at Galloping Hill Caterers, Union, NJ